LEAPS Sessions, now underway!
Our first two LEAPS sessions are now complete!
By Abbey Warren
Thank you to the Joey Club Brisbane Airport and Sandgate Child Care Centre for hosting the sessions last Saturday the 14th of September. We thoroughly enjoyed running the professional development days and received excellent feedback.
The free LEAPS professional development program was developed to support educators working in early childhood settings across Queensland to implement The National Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Guidelines for Early Childhood Settings (Get Up & Grow guidelines).
What are the benefits?
- FREE to all early childhood educators across Queensland – including playgroups, long day care, family day care and Kindergartens
- Is interactive and provides the knowledge and practical skills to confidently integrate healthy eating and physical activity messages into daily activities in your setting
- Is based on the Australian Government’s resource Get up & Grow and aligns with the National Quality Standard and Early Years Learning Framework
- Can help early childhood settings with their quality improvement process by identifying clear pathways and links to their quality improvement plan
- Will provide practical information on how to communicate with parents about issues relating to their child’s food choices, eating behaviours and physical activity
- Access to the LEAPS Support Service including website, phone and email access to qualified Nutritionists and Dietitians and physical activity experts
We have funding to deliver 225 sessions all over Qld in the next 3 years, including 30 before the end of 2013. If you are interested in attending a session please complete this expression of interest form and our LEAPS team will be in touch shortly.