The LEAPS Professional Development Program was developed to support educators working in early childhood settings across Queensland to implement The National Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Guidelines for Early Childhood Settings (Get Up & Grow guidelines).
The program is aimed at educators who are currently working in Long Day Care, Family Day Care, Supported Playgroups and Kindergartens.
Educators completing the Professional Development Program will gain practical information and enhanced skills and confidence to communicate with families about issues relating to their child’s food choices, eating behaviours and physical activity and how this might impact on growth and development.
For more information on LEAPS professional development please visit: http://training.naqnutrition.org/courses/leaps/ or contact [email protected]
Back to LEAPS Overview
The LEAPS Full Support Service contains numerous fact sheets and resources only available to those having completed the LEAPS Professional Development Program. Please follow the steps below to gain access.
Accessing the LEAPS Support Service
- Select ‘Completed module 1, 2 & 3 previously” from the session drop-down list
- Click “Add to Cart” (note – this is a free service, no payment is required)
- Click “Proceed to Checkout”
- To complete the order you will need to click “Create a Subscription account”. Please note this account is different to the training account that you created to access LEAPS the Online Training
- Follow the instructions then click “Place order”
- You will then be taken to an “Order Received” page
- If you click on the “Start the Course” button you will be taken to the course material – you do not have to complete any of this as you would have already completed it all online.
- To access the LEAPS Support Service, please click http://naqld.org/leaps-full you will need to be logged in to gain access.
If you have any questions or require any further support please contact NAQ Nutrition on 32574393