Nutrition in OSHC Menu Reviews
Reviewing your OSHC menu and nutrition practices will support your centre to meet the National Quality Standards, but more importantly, ensure the children in your care are receiving nutritious foods for growing healthy minds and bodies.
Why review your menu?
Having your menu reviewed is a quality improvement activity where you will receive support from an experienced OSHC Dietitian to:
- Improve provision of the five core food groups and reduce the amount of discretionary foods on your menu
- Support your centre to meet Smart Choices recommendations
- Get ideas for snacks, meals and simple recipe modifications
- Get more positive feedback from parents about your centre menu
What is included?
- A meeting with a Dietitian over the phone
- Review of a 4 week menu
- A comprehensive report with detailed assessment and recommendations
- Follow up phone support