Banana, Date and Bran Bread
preparation time 1 hour
- 2 cups of self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- ½ cup of bran cereal
- 1 ¼ cup of skim milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 large mashed bananas
1. Preheat oven to 1800C and prepare a loaf tin (24cm x 13.5cm is recommended) by spraying with oil and ling with baking paper.
2. Place wholemeal flour, sugar, soda and nutmeg into a large bowl. Stir through dates and bran.
3. In another bowl, combine skim milk, eggs and banana.
4. Gently fold milk, egg and banana mix into the date mixt until well combined, being careful not to overwork the batter.
4. Pour into the pan and bake for 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before cutting into 16 serves.
Energy: 871kJ / serve
Saturated Fat: 0.6g/ serve
Fibre: 4.5g / serve