Online Grocery Shopping
We have come across a few of our NOSHC subscribers who are starting to use online grocery shopping as a means to get their food delivered to their setting. For those settings who can easily access this service, it can be a cost effective and time saving method to get your food.
Firstly, both Coles and Woolworths have very user friendly websites to do your shopping. The benefits of online grocery shopping include:
- Less time spent travelling to and from the grocery store
- Ability to pick a delivery time window (usually 2-3 hours) that suits you
- Ability to look at the nutrition information panels of products to ensure you are selecting the healthiest foods for your setting
- Reduced temptation to purchase unhealthier foods or snacks that are put on prominent display in the store
- Cheap delivery costs – around $7
- Know in advance if certain products are available
- Can do it at any time of the day that suits you – i.e. early in the morning or late in the evening
- No more battles with crowds at the shopping centres!
Recently a query came in from a member regarding the nutrition content of two pre packaged foods. Once we are able to determine if they were AMBER or RED under smart choices, she was able to continue to do her online shopping by comparing similar ingredients and buying a healthier alternative.
We would love to hear your thoughts on online grocery shopping and if it works for you and your setting – email us today at [email protected]