Working in a corporate or office environment presents some unique challenges for maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle. We know that too much time spent sitting can increase employees risk of cardiovascular disease and overweight and obesity.
The availability of unhealthy food choices can be quite high in office environments which can influence food choices. Below are some common challenges that workplaces
Common office nutrition challenges:
- Skipping lunch or eating at the desk
- Constant grazing and snacking
- No time to eat between meetings
- Caffeine intake
- Staff morning teas
- Chocolates and lollies from fundraisers or social club
- Poor vending machine choices
- Low fruit and vegetable intake
- Buying snacks and processed work lunches
- Availability of take away foods close by
- Culture of weekly after work drinks
Nutrition Australia Qld can be involved through activities such as nutrition seminars and cooking demonstrations.
To enquire about our services contact us via this form.
Phone: (07) 3257 439